CLUB president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed that Barcelona have no intentions to leave La Liga.
The region’s push for independence sparked speculation about the club’s future in the top-flight of Spanish football.
Despite previously suggesting that the club could look to play elsewhere in the future, Bartomeu snubbed this claim at a meeting on Saturday.
He said: “You can be sure that this board will always act in the club’s defence.
“We will never put the club nor its presence in any competition at risk.
“That’s why, to all the club’s members, I say that we want to continue playing in La Liga and, as of today, our position [in La Liga] is guaranteed.
“It’s mutually beneficial for La Liga and Barcelona for that link to continue.”
La Liga president Javier Tebas has claimed that the team will not be allowed to continue in La Liga if the independence is granted.
However, Jaume Roures of Mediapro – the current international rights holders for La Liga – has not even considered a league without Barcelona.
Roures said: “I cannot conceive of the possibility of a Liga without Barcelona and [Real] Madrid, independently of what happened of what happens politically speaking.
“Barca and Madrid have a love-hate relationship. They need each other, they need La Liga and Spanish sports needs [their rivalry].
“It would not be the same if there were no Clasicos, with the global repercussion of that game.”
Barcelona are currently top of the La Liga standings, with 22 points from their first eight outings.