Ekiti State Government has sealed off two buildings linked to ex-Governor Ayodele Fayose for lack of approved plan and permit.
According to the Ministry of Housing and Physical Planning and Urban Development, said the erection of the buildings contravened the laws guiding urban renewal regulations of the state government.
The twin duplexes with elevated fence , covering some plots, were located at the Government Reservation Area, GRA, in Ado-Ekiti and almost adjacent the new Deputy Governor’s lodge located within the Government house .
A visit by newsmen to the building yesterday, revealed that the gate to the building was under lock and key while contractors working on the site have deserted the place.
A paper dated October 18 , which was attached to the gate and signed by the Director of Urban and Regional Planning in the Ministry said: “It was discovered during inspection by the inspectorate staff of our Ministry that a residential building by you at GRA has no approved plan/permit for the site or bring same to our office to get certification for the erection.
“You are hereby ordered to suspend the use of the building premises until approved plan is submitted for clearance”, it stated.
The contractor handling the project began work about four months ago after the buildings erected on the plot were pulled down to give way for the new edifices.
Before Fayose left office, rumour had been rife that he was the owner of the magnificent buildings.
Responding to the allegation, Fayose aide accused Governor Fayemi of embarking on vindictive action over issue that doesn’t worth government’s attention.
In a statement by his Media Aide, Idowu Adelusi on Friday, Fayose said: “Governor Fayemi was only acting out of desperation, and vengeance over the 2014 shameful electoral defeat.
“The property in question does not belong to Fayose. Fayemi’s government should produce evidence linking the former government to the property.
“Fayose has said he was ready for probe and that he will appear in person before any panel set up by Fayemi . So, why the desperation?
“Our advise is that, Fayemi should place high premium on payment of the workers’ salary arrears since N30bn is already in his custody released by the Federal Government and not embarking on witch hunting or disparaging his predecessor. The money should not be used to fund the election petition filed against him.
“He should hurry up to do all he could for the benefit of common Ekiti people because time is not on his side”, Fayose advised.