FENRAD has made a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to the The Project coordinator, Nigerian Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) on the secured loan of N27.4bn from the World Bank for the reconstruction of 5 roads namely, Ngwa road, Uratta road, Port Harcourt road, Ohanku road and Obohia road in Aba, Abia State.
The Project coordinator,
Nigerian Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP),
Umuahia, Abia State
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (FOI) REQUEST ON THE WORLD BANK 27.4BN LOAN FOR THE WATERSHED PROJECT IN ABA,ABIA STATE EXECUTED BY NEWMAP
I write pursuant to the provisions of the FOIA, 2011 and in the Spirit of Open Government Partnership (OGP) which Abia State has Signed on to specifically requesting for the under listed information:
- Project Details and Implementation Status for the Contract Awarded from the secured loan of N27.4bn from the World Bank for the reconstruction of 5 roads namely,Ngwa road, Uratta road, Port Harcourt road, Ohanku road and Obohia road.in Aba,Abia State and other vital informations which imclude;
- Architectural Design for the Project Covering the Mentioned Roads
- Details of the Procurement made for the Project.
- Vendors used in the procurement process and Details of the Bidding process.
- Details of the contractors executing the Projects.
- Amount Budgeted and the Process of the Disbursement
This request is in line with Section 2(3) & (4) of the Freedom of Information Act 2011 which require all “information relating to the receipt or expenditure of public or other funds of the institution” to be “widely disseminated and more readily available…” And in the Open Government Partnership (OGP) which Abia State Government has signed on which Promote transparency, Accountability and probity in the management of Public Funds
We would appreciate it if the information is made available to us promptly but in any event, not later than 7 days from the date of receipt of this application, as required by the Freedom of information Act. 2011.
Comrade Nelson Nnanna Nwafor,
Foundation for Environmental Rights, Advocacy & Development (FENRAD)
Barr. Olusegun Bamgbose,
Head Legal Team,