Tiger Woods leaves hospital after horrific crash

Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods

TIGER WOODS has left hospital to continue his recovery at home three weeks after his horror car crash.

The golf legend, 45, broke both his legs after rolling his car in a serious single-vehicle accident in California on February 23.

Woods wrote on Twitter: “Happy to report that I am back home and continuing my recovery.

“I am so grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks.

“Thank you to the incredible surgeons, doctors, nurses and staff at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

“You have all taken such great care of me and I cannot thank you enough.

“I will be recovering at home and working on getting stronger every day.”

Woods was forced to undergo surgery to fix two fractures in his right leg and a shattered ankle after his car flipped and rolled off the road.

The golf great reportedly hit a raised central reservation at ‘speed’, smashing through a street sign and hitting a tree before flipping his £36,000 Genesis GV80 SUV several times.

Police later confirmed Woods was ‘not drunk or on meds’, but executed a warrant to obtain the black box from the vehicle.

Tiger Wood’s

Tiger Wood's car
Tiger Wood’s car

Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy – who shares a close friendship with Woods – revealed last week how Woods was close to leaving hospital.

Speaking on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, McIlroy he said: “Hopefully we see him back out here on Tour soon.

“I’ve spoken to him a little bit. He’s doing better, and I think all the guys have reached out to him.

“Hopefully, if things go well over the next week or so, he might be able to get home and start his recovery at home.

“That will be great for him to see his kids, see his family.”

McIlroy concluded: “I just think all of us are wishing him a speedy recovery at this point.”

Earlier in the day it was revealed that Woods is teaming up with video game developer 2K Sports to help with the PGA Tour game series.

It has been announced that the 15-time Major winner will play an active role in the series, where he will serve as an executive director and consultant.

And 2K will also partner with Woods’ TGR Foundation, which helps to provide underserved students the tools they need to thrive in school.

Commenting on the deal, the American said: “I am looking forward to making my return to the video game landscape, and with 2K and HB Studios, I’ve found the right partners to make it happen.

“I’m honoured to take part in this opportunity and look forward to sharing my expertise and insights as we build the future of golf video games together.”

Share this story

Post your comments below