A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, has described as most unfortunate, satanic, diabolical, malicious, devious, sad and unacceptable, the statement credited to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State that, “For the APC to even think of bringing up anybody against me in this state to challenge whether I have done something or not, then you know that something is fundamentally wrong. What has the Federal Government done for the APC in Rivers State? What has Rivers APC achieved? Mention one thing. Is it in terms of the roads, the airport or seaports?”
Eze, the erstwhile National Publicity Secretary (NPS) of the defunct New PDP (nPDP) and one of the foundation members of APC, in a statement he personally signed and circulated to the media on Thursday, stated that for Wike to have made such an ungodly statement, knowing very well that he is a disaster, as far as governance in Rivers State is concerned, is not only laughable, diabolical, malicious but indicates that something is fundamentally wrong with him.
Eze highlighted that “this is a man who forced himself on the people of Rivers State through spilling the blood of hundreds of the people of Rivers State. This is a man who supervised the ceding of some oil wells that belong to Rivers State to Bayelsa State. This is a man who institutionalised insecurity as a way of governance.
This is a man who has governed Rivers State against the constitution, without making public the budget of the state. This is a man who has refused to account for what he has used over N900 billion that accrued to the state for, since he assumed office these past three years.
Eze affirmed that Wike ought not to have made the unguarded statement, knowing very well that he lacks capacity to govern a sophisticated state like Rivers, as he has only succeeded in making the state a laughing stock among other states in Nigeria.
The only major achievements of the Wike’s administration, apart from inaugurating projects earlier completed by his predecessor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, are to withdraw our students studying on scholarship outside the country and decimated all the educational and agricultural facilities set up by the government of Amaechi.
Eze, who stated that APC needed not to campaign seriously this time round, much less of involvement in rigging, as Wike, based on his maladministration, is the Chief Campaigner of APC.
Let me, as Wike’s good friend and brother; counsel him to concentrate more on his hand-over note, as the coming of Pastor Tonye Cole to rescue Rivers State from his ill-administration is not only divine, but timely. “Pastor Tonye Cole a renowned Pastor of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) coming at this point is answer to the prayers of various churches and groups in Rivers State that a child of God governs the State come 2019.
I therefore urge all Christians, Muslims and other faiths to line up behind this wonderful child of God to rescue our dear State from the hands of Wike and his cohorts”
Eze further reacted to the malicious statement also credited to Wike that the current Minister of Transportation failed the people of Rivers State by refusing to attract a single project to the state, by listing some of the projects that Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has attracted to Rivers State and the Niger Delta region.
Eze stated that it may baffle the world to note that Governor Nyesom Wike in his characteristic manner of ensuring that Rivers State is not developed optimally, has denied the Federal Government land to enable it construct an Industrial Park, which benefits from start to completion and inauguration, would be enormous to Rivers State, just because Amaechi is the brain behind this project that will revolutionise the state.
Knowing the importance of this project, the Federal Government has decided to discard Wike and his dirty politics and bought 10,000 acres of land on which the complex, an envisaged city on its own, would stand.
This well-thought-out project only found in developed countries and first of its kind in Nigeria, will be a massive amalgam of industrial revolution, to be powered by Chinese leading technicians and Nigerian experts. Rivers natives will appropriate the largest chunk of the economic activities in the course of construction.
From the land owners who would be paid, to the local artisans who will be engaged in their levels of expertise; from the roadside food vendors whose articles of the stomach would be patronised, to the big-time shop owners, whose stocks would be purchased; from the IT gurus, whose dexterity on the system would be harnessed, to the job seekers whose search would end, every Rivers’ family has something to take home in this.
Eze who congratulated and commended the Nigeria’s Minister for Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, an illustrious son of Rivers State, who drove the quest right from conception to its approval by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) to prove his patriotic love towards the development and emancipation of Rivers State, not minding the unwarranted and wicked plots of Wike and his misguided cohorts in their propaganda to ridicule the efforts of the APC-led Federal Government to better the lots of the people of Rivers State. “To me, Amaechi, nothing is too much to demand for Rivers State.”
The Media mogul further reiterated that President Muhammadu Buhari has demonstrated commitment towards a virile and egalitarian Rivers State, if we are to consider the following feats and projects so far executed by the present administration at the centre in Rivers State and South-South zone as a whole. Some of these projects are listed as follows:
1. The Federal Executive Council (FEC) just few months ago approved contracts of N47 billion for road projects in the country, including redesigning and reconstruction of the Aba/Port-Harcourt section of the Enugu/Port-Harcourt Expressway.
2. Apart from this intervention, the Federal Executive Council on the same date also approved dredging of Port Harcourt Seaport and provision of navigational aids for Escravos, at the sum of N13 billion.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration released a whopping sum of N900 billion owed the Niger Delta Development Corporation (NDDC) by previous federal administrations, including the administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, to assist the body complete most of its projects in Rivers state and other states in the Niger Delta region.
4. Rivers State will benefit from the unprecedented allocation of over one hundred and twenty five billion Naira (N125 billion), out of the N8.612 trillion appropriation bill presented by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 to the National Assembly to fund capital projects in 2018 in the Niger Delta region.
5. Rivers State will surely benefit from the N53.89 billion earmarked for the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and N71.2 billion for Niger Delta Development Commission for capital projects, also to benefit from the budgetary allocation for the Niger Delta amnesty programme retained at N65 billion, with the budgetary allocation of N17.32 billion earmarked for the completion of the East-West Road.
6. Rivers State will benefit from the Maritime University located at Okerenkoko in Delta State, with N5 billion budgeted in the 2018 budget for its formal take off. This is a university aimed to assist in the development and emancipation of the Niger Delta region.
7. To demonstrate the seriousness over the full implementation of the Ogoni clean-up exercise and the execution of the multi-billion naira Bodo/Ogoni-Bonny road project, budgetary provisions were all made in the 2018 budget, which when completed, would open up the economic potential of the Niger Delta region beyond the shores of Nigeria, all in Rivers state.
8. The APC-led Federal Government, apart from the above-named projects, embarked upon the following projects: the Calabar-Lagos Rail Line that cuts across Rivers state, the renovation/reconstruction of both Enugu-Port Harcourt Road and the West-East Road, the renovation of the Afam Power plant in Rivers state, resumption of work on the Port Harcourt International Airport, renovation and reconstruction of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Rail Line, among other projects. All these projects were abandoned by the PDP governments.
9. Appointment of sons and daughters of the region into key and crucial ministries and agencies.
Eze recalled that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, a son of the Niger Delta region, in his six years as the President of Nigeria, acknowledged that he failed Rivers State and the Niger Delta region by not embarking on any meaningful project in the region, apart from imposing Chief Nyesom Wike as the Governor of Rivers state, to promote insecurity in the state and the Niger Delta region.
Eze concluded by stating that Amaechi has proven that he is a true and patriotic son of the Niger Delta region. People of the Niger Delta should reciprocate by voting massively the APC candidates during the 2019 general elections.